Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37

Thread: Fantasy Poll......AG what if......

  1. #21
    Inactive Member mayergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    789
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    I love all of the ideas, but my dream girl would be living in 1814. She would be the daughter of a member of Congress, visiting the young capitol city, just when the British come to burn it. I have a lot more details worked out, but in the end, she would be hidden outside the city (where most of the few children in DC at the time ended up) with the painting saved by Dolly Madison. She'd have Molly colored hair, no bangs and brown eyes, and of course her clothes would be late colonial/early regency. I would just kill for a doll like that!

  2. #22
    Inactive Member Starearedkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2005
    Posts
    617
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Farmhousegirl-Thats my family's lineage.

    My mom, my aunt, and their parents immigrated from Israel in 1953 into Ellis Island. My grandma's first sight of a car was when she came into Ellis Island. They did all sorts of odd jobs for money, sewed my mom's clothes. They lived in an apartment in Brooklyn.

    -Jordyn

  3. #23
    monimarine
    Guest monimarine's Avatar

    Post

    That's a new idea mayergirl. I like that one! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  4. #24
    Inactive Member auri's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2004
    Posts
    543
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by mayergirl:
    I love all of the ideas, but my dream girl would be living in 1814. She would be the daughter of a member of Congress, visiting the young capitol city, just when the British come to burn it. I have a lot more details worked out, but in the end, she would be hidden outside the city (where most of the few children in DC at the time ended up) with the painting saved by Dolly Madison. She'd have Molly colored hair, no bangs and brown eyes, and of course her clothes would be late colonial/early regency. I would just kill for a doll like that!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I love this idea! She would definitely be at the top of my list to buy.

    I'd also love to see a 1950s girl. Disneyland opened in 1955 and I'd like her to be there.

  5. #25
    Inactive Member angelnise's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2006
    Posts
    369
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would have a 1920's girl living in the French Quarter area of New Orleans in Louisianna who is part Cherokee and part French. That was a common combination for that time, and the Cherokee and other tribes were discriminated against. She would have medium skin, blue eyes, dark brown hair, and...really long eyelashes with dark eyebrows.

  6. #26
    13Pumpkins
    Guest 13Pumpkins's Avatar

    Post

    I loved all the ideas!
    Ohhh...sometimes I wish that I ran AG! [img]tongue.gif[/img] I'd love to hear some more ideas if anyone else has any!

  7. #27
    Inactive Member jerseycow6's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9th, 2006
    Posts
    261
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Oooh! I love all of your ideas!
    I'd especially buy the Creole/Cajun girls for myself and my nieces: my dad's side is Cajun all the way.

    It would be really interesting to have a Japanese girl whose family was interned during WWII.

    I used to beg AG for a Rusyn girl when I was little, and I'm working on making my own now. I want a girl whose family emigrated from the Subcarpathian Mountain region of Eastern Europe. (now in Slovakia... basically Ukranians who moved west a little bit) They would settle in the Anthracite mining region of Eastern Pennsylvania roughly a decade or two before Samantha's stories. Her story would center a lot around the union organization activities of the era, and the strikes. Slovaks have an interesting story in the coal regions. They were actually kind of hated by some other ethnic groups because of their willingness to work incredibly hard and do without things just to be able to own their own homes, because owning a home in the coal region meant more independence and hope for a better future. (since the mine bosses no longer owned your home, they couldn't take it away from you at any minute) So, her story would be about hard work. Also, I love the idea that immigrants came over here, and were very eager to become American (my Great-Aunt had to be left in Europe because she was sick, so she came over late when she was already a teen. the family story is that the whole family refused to speak to her in any language but English because she was in America, so she should learn the language.), yet Slavs still proudly preserved traditions and language of the "old country." (I think such a story is very relevant today, though I'll try to not talk politics on this board) The story of the coal regions is also one of Bosses trying to pit ethnic groups against ethnic groups, old immigrants against new, (because we're all immigrants) in order to keep wages low and profit off the disagreement, and I love how everyone eventually learned that if they came together as Americans, as one union, instead of always fighting amongst themselves, they could fight the mine bosses' exploitation.
    My girl, Anistasia Ykaterina Melodicz (Anna-Katherine) is going to have dark brown hair and green eyes.(a GT-10) She has bangs because a new "American" best friend is going to teach her the "latest" hairstyles. Her clothes are going to be pretty plain, but her festival clothes will be amazing. Plus, I get to make her "Ukranian" dance outfits of today, too!!! Her story's a little too much like Kirsten's, but it's also the story of hard work and determination shared by so many immigrants.

    I would also love to see a girl from the late 1960s/early 1970s, during the Vietnam War era.

    Ooooh, and the 1920s!!!! That could be really fun!
    It's probably way too early to make an '80s girl, and I have no idea what her story would be about, but her clothes would be fun! Haha, but they'd have a heck of a time trying to style her hair, let alone fit it in the box!

  8. #28
    Inactive Member marisoldancegirl662's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 13th, 2006
    Posts
    89
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by nicbecjamsar:
    I think they should do a 1950s doll. I know that they have 1940s, but a 1950s would be able to have some wonderful clothes and accessories. She would definitely have to have a poodle skirt and a varsity jacket and the cat-eye glasses. One of the accessories could be a little black and white tv. The coup de grace would have to be a car...maybe a cool 1950s olds. How many fathers would be willing to buy that for their daughters, even if they don't like dolls *giggle*.
    Sarah
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">A 50's girl would be cool!! They should maybe do 70's girl also that would be so neat!! The 50's girl should look just like #22 with long hair and a cute poodle skrit meet outfit, The 70's girl should be a #25 with Green eyes and a tie dye outfit that would be cool.

  9. #29
    Inactive Member Jeanette M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2003
    Posts
    1,239
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You girls all have the greatest ideas! One of my favorites would be a 1920's girl who would belong to a wealthy family all caught up in the glamour and glitz of the art nouveau era.

    Originally posted by nicbecjamsar:
    I think they should do a 1950s doll...She would definitely have to have a poodle skirt and a varsity jacket and the cat-eye glasses.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not a varsity jacket - in the '50's it would have been a letter sweater! And the only way a girl would have had a letter sweater, is if her boyfriend gave her his a symbol that they were "going steady." "Lettering" and getting a sweater was strictly a "guy thing" in the '50's, I'm sorry to say. But a young '50's girls would definitely have had a poodle skirt and a short-sleeved pull-over sweater (in the same color as the poodle) and saddle shoes to wear with it, and, of course, plenty of chiffon scarves to tie up her pony tail! And they would have to give her baby-doll pajamas, too!

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 27, 2006 03:07 PM: Message edited by: Jeanette M. ]</font>

  10. #30
    Inactive Member lovethosedolls's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2003
    Posts
    159
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I especially love Punkin's version of the 17th century girl from New Orleans (African, Spanish, French and Native American blood) and Angelnise's idea of the French and Native American girl from the 1920's. I am so in love and would go absolutely bananas if they ever came out!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •